DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Help: Gas problem

Posted by Miss Varna - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by panouche - 13 years ago

i had the same prob on the weekend, the valve under the sink has a cut off. Turn it off and on again to reset.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stuart06-195098 - 13 years ago

If you click on the link below , and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage ,hopefully you should see the item I was trying to explain to you , I hope this may assist you .

Regards Stuart .

http://www.larobinetique.fr/pages/chauffag/p220.html

Sorry no image available
Posted by Miss Varna - 13 years ago

quote:Not worth taking chances with gas.

I totally agree. Thing is, that just 2 months ago we had a leak and now something is wrong again, this does not really make me feel very safe :-(

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 13 years ago

They cost about €15 so it's not a big deal. It might be an idea to get the pipes and joints pressure checked in case you have a leak or potential leak. Not worth taking chances with gas.

Sorry no image available

Oh right Mike, détendeur, that is what the guy said! Damn, it says that out of all material, the détendeur is hors garantie as it is propriété du client.....great :-(

Sorry no image available

The pressure regulator I mentioned is the 'detendeur'!

Sorry no image available

I have called Primagaz' hotline, the guy said that this sounds very weird - he also asked me when we had the last delivery of gas, looks like he too assumed we were out of gas. He then said it might be a de......teur (did not clearly understand it) at either the stove or the chaudière that could be defective. I shall call again tomorrow morning as there is noone to come out now (how assuring!). I turned all gas taps off, just in case......

Sorry no image available

Hi Carol,

we just had the gas delivered 3 or 4 weeks ago, it then was 85%. It is impossible that we are out of gas, and the gas does arrive at the stove (can hear and smell it and the stove does turn on - just to turn itself off immediately. Same with the chaudière -it does turn on as soon as I turn the hot water on and switches off immediately). :-(

Sorry no image available

It sounds to me as it you're out of gas - I know that is the normal symptom.  If you are sure this is not the case I'd guess there is some kind of pressure regulator which has developed a fault, or been accidentally knocked and the setting has been affected.

Sorry no image available
Posted by carolie-182474 - 13 years ago

Miss Varna,

What's happening sounds very much like you are out of gas. Are you sure the measurement gauge on the gas cylinder is correct, it might be faulty  or is it definitely turned on in the garden.

Regards

Carol