DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Help: Looking for English Church service near Sophia Antipolis

Posted by snowqueen-191196 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by janeantoinette - 5 years ago

English Mass this evening march 2nd at 6p.m. At St. Paul des. Nations Sophia Antipolis  !Peter Anderson  preaching . everything body welcome!.!

Sorry no image available
Posted by janeantoinette - 5 years ago

this  evening. At 6pm Peter Anderson is preaching in Sophia Antipolis Church. english mass.

Sorry no image available
Posted by drs23prof - 5 years ago

Just a reminder that tomorrow (Saturday 2nd March) at 6pm is the next English Mass at St Paul de Nations Church Sophia-Antipolis (access 12).

Sorry no image available
Posted by tanyia - 5 years ago

Hello Snowqueen,

If you haven't been to last English mass in Sophia Antipolis church, yesterday, I encourage you to have a try for the next one.

This is a true catholic church and this 'service' is newly in place.  If it has good success, I am pretty sure it will be extended to more than once a month.  However, it's your best chance to meet the English community leaving nearby and to attend a catholic mass in English.

There is also a gospel choir - Sagesse Gospel Singers - belonging to this parish.

Need more information?  Please, have a look at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHioPiaPVkg&feature=email

Cheers.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LMN-212936 - 5 years ago

A little bit further away, but in Beaulieu sur Mer, you have St. Michael's Anglican Church. All in English of course. There are Services Sunday Morning, and Wednesday at 10 am.with the Eucharist.Nice crowd of multi nationals attend.www.stmichaelsbeaulieusurmer.org

Sorry no image available
Posted by geyazur - 5 years ago

Hi snowqueen,

I've been to the mass at the Sophia Church once, and I loved it! The songs and choir were great, parishioners are great...I usually go to the Sunday morning one (in French but many English speakers often come when they can't attend the English one witch is once a month). I feel good there!

I don't know the Cornerstone one yet, but I'd love to go and try it too.

Hope it helps...

Blessings

Sorry no image available
Posted by OGDEN-889955 - 5 years ago

I can but recomend the English mass at Sophia, one Saturday per month! Twice I have sung in the choir and twice I loved it. Come next Saturday at 6pm Eglise Saint Paul des Nations accès 12 at sophia.

Sorry no image available
Posted by freedo06 - 5 years ago

Hello there,

There is a great church in Antibes, there are people from Valbonne that go.

Its in English and French, every sunday from 10.30-12.00

Its called Cornerstone church and its just above Picard the frozen food store.

http://www.c-stone.org/

If you come this Sunday pls go and ask for Claire and metion me Ulla and I will be gald to meet you there.

Blessings,

Sorry no image available
Posted by mjst - 5 years ago

Hi, I know these services and I enjoyed 2 so far.

It's a nice change and the choir especially is great, with some gospel songs too.

A lot of English speaking people live around Valbonne and Sophia, families and people of all ages, so the church was pretty well packed and enthusiastic !

Snowqueen - drs23prof and everyone, see you maybe next Saturday ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by snowqueen-191196 - 5 years ago

Thanks for the info. It sounds as if it is exactly what I am looking for. Look forward to attending the next serivce.