DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

help needed to install a printer

Posted by Alban-188664 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tony Miller - 14 years ago

Hi

You give very little infor about what you are trying to do, can you lewt me know what type of machine win/mac how are you trying to install using parrell or USB, did you do the test shown on the quick install guide what driver are you using the one on the cdrom or the updated regular XP driver from brother web site

Tony Miller

Tony Miller

Sorry no image available
Posted by fugly-185614 - 14 years ago

OK new strategy.

Is the computer seeing the hardware?  To find out right click on my computer go to properties then select device manager from the tabs at the top.  This shows a list of the hardware in your pc.  If you are using the usb connection scroll down to the usb part and go to the properties of the relevant device (procedure is the same for a parrelel connection).  If you have downloaded the drivers it will show them in here but will also give you the option to look for a newer driver, or update or something go in there and look for new drivers you should be able to look on the web.  As this is a new printer it should find the drivers fairly easily then it will install them from there.  If the device is not in there you will need to go in to the control panel, install new hardware and follow the instructions on screen. 

Try this because as i say it could be because the computer does not know the printer is there and that could be why the drivers are not installing properly.

If that does not work there are a couple of other things to try but that should sort it.

have fun :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Alban-188664 - 14 years ago

Thanks, Fugly, this is the page I downloaded from and the problem came after, with the assistant matérielAlban

Sorry no image available

try the parralel one then :)

no seriously have a look here 

Sorry no image available

That's what I did already............Alban

Sorry no image available

try using a usb connection.

the software used to detect hardware is different and may solve your problem.

Sorry no image available

the message is :

imposible d'installer ce matériel. Cliquer sur "précédent" si vous possédez un support d'installation ou so vous connaissez l'emplacement du logiciel

I have downloaded the sofware in question in "mes documents"

so I "clique" on "précédent, and then there is no place where to say where the software is

So I quit, and then, down onthe right, it says :

Brother HL 1440 : un problème est survenu pendant l'installation du matériel et il se peut qu'il ne fonctionne pas correctement

But it works perfectly well, because it has worked on another machine...........

Alban

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aroncb - 14 years ago

What is the message that the driver gives when you are trying  to install? 

Also Remove all programs from your task list and processes you don`t need.

Espeacially virus checkers. 

If the driver gives you a message about not being signed slect install anyway... 

REally need the message to help..

A

Sorry no image available
Posted by MSM2000UK-181816 - 14 years ago

Oh right, well u need to sort out whether the problem is the printer or the computer because once you have done that, it will be easier to come up with a solution.

Sorry no image available

They couln't care less..........Alban