DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Help......what stung me today?

Posted by Palmtrees-188751 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Barney Gumble - 13 years ago

On the subject of potentially dangerous marine critters, the great white shark likes to swim around in the Mediterrannean: http://www.zoo.co.uk/~z9015043/index.html

Sorry no image available
Posted by Φ - 13 years ago

I always swim in the sea with goggles, or a mask and snorkel, so that I can see all this interesting marine life before I run into it.φ

Sorry no image available
Posted by gibbs-186435 - 13 years ago

Is there a guide to the jellyfish you may encounter on the Cote d'Azur, and their danger levels?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Palmtrees-188751 - 14 years ago

Thanks for all the advice.   It's now faded to just about nothing, and I think it could have been much nastier.   Did'nt fall for the piranha thing though!!!  Or the mutant ninja terrapins!   Not for long anyway.     Palmtrees

Sorry no image available
Posted by dublinmike-182617 - 14 years ago

According to the various posters placed on the beaches up and down the coast, the easiest thing to do is to wash the sting in Sea Water for at least 5 minutes, then usually a lifeguard or the police have an ointment that finishes up the job.

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 14 years ago

mock not, oh ye of little faith -it's a well known fact that the terrapins naturalise when freed from their poxy little aquaria!@+

Sorry no image available
Posted by hurman - 14 years ago

St George- Give it a rest Man.  Florida Terripins...hahaha.  Whenever I need a laugh I will just call you...

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

Regretably - this is no joke - I got served piranha last week in an Oriental establishment in Villeneuve , being passed off as crispy local dorade fillets in sweet and sour sauce ! I asked the waiter for the head ,took it home and  left it on the balcony for the ants to eat and dry in the sun - leaving the hinged jaw section with most of the teeth , which I've now hung up on my front door together with the tuna tails and fishing floats !

On the subject of jellyfish - vinegar is the best remedy , if the sting isn't too bad , but some can turn into what looks like a scald or burn and should be treated as such - the local chemist will know what to prescribe , especially for children !

stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by Crystal Balls-184435 - 14 years ago

St G

Flippant and off subject.

I think we might become friends afterall!

To somve the peeing on elbows connundrum, simply pee into something and pour it on yyour elbow.

CB

Sorry no image available
Posted by Palmtrees-188751 - 14 years ago

Thanks Tinker,   I think if I am stung in the head I will go for the VINAGAR option.  

Piranhas!!!!! how can they live in sea water???

Palmtrees