Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Help with Insurance Question for Carte de Sejour

Posted by PB2000 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by PB2000 - 4 years ago

Thank you both so much for all of your help.  I will keep trying with the RSI office to get on my husband's Carte Vital.  I have been trying to contact them over the past week and on one is getting back to me..but I will keep trying!


Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 4 years ago

If my memory serves me correctly you can be put on the carte vitale before the paperwork for the carte de sejour goes through- proof of birth, marriage & justificatif de domicile plus ugly photo if I remember rightly

Some few years ago when I (brit) married my husband (american) although technically I didnt need a carte de sejour he did, and the first thing on the list of papers to provide for him was copie recto verso de la carte de sejour de l'epoux ou l epouse! So I had to have one first (renewal at the time) so he could make his demand. He was on my carte vitale when he made his application

hope this helps

Sorry no image available
Posted by plusate - 4 years ago

To clarify i mean your husbands card Vital


Sorry no image available
Posted by plusate - 4 years ago

I don't think you need the Carte de Sejour anymore but you can go onto your husbands card. He will have to initiate this and you will need your passport, proof of address in France and your ORIGINAL  birth and marriage certificate's officialy translated. Its a bit of a nightmare if I am honest.... It took me 9 years to get hold of mine. Once you have it then make sure you have a joint "mutuel", that is the top up insurance and worth getting.