DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Help with summer rental

Posted by rosetta-185721 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by domino-191102 - 14 years ago

HI THERE

TRY JUST FRANCE.COM

Sorry no image available
Posted by domino-191102 - 14 years ago

HI THERE

TRY JUST FRANCE.COM

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosetta-185721 - 14 years ago

hi Telim,

I wasn't looking for a cleaner? Well, I sort of am but didn't post anything - you must be a mindreader. Just sent myself a test email and got it with no problems. Anyway, thanks for your kind thoughts and to everyone that replied. Have got a couple of bookings now, but by no means full. Am going to build my own site this weekend and get it listed on google.

Ro

Sorry no image available
Posted by telim - 14 years ago

Hi Rosetta

Just tried to email you but your email address doesn't work. Just wondering having you found a cleaner for your appartment yet? If you are looking for someone, I'm interested.

By the way my friend has just had some more luck with holiday rentals. She's just got another booking for March & May.

Good luck with your search

Sorry no image available
Posted by Chatterbox-190278 - 14 years ago

Sorry, was responding to the posting on page 2 and didn't notice all the dialogue in between.Sally

Sorry no image available
Posted by Chatterbox-190278 - 14 years ago

I booked through Homelidays for a friend and had no problems with either booking or the service provided by the owner.

We also used them to book a ski appartment, again got a swift response and later a polite reply when we had to cancel.

I think their prices look very good value if you want to rent for your own holiday - there can't be that much money to be made by the owners!

Sally

Sorry no image available
Posted by Paul Carmel-190537 - 14 years ago

We used to use the Sunday Times and for 2 years it was great (mind you it should be for 75 pounds a pop for 3 lines).......last year we did not get a single booking from it or any other form of printed matter it all came form the net.

If you use google to look for propertys like yours the same companys will keep coming up, look at the ones with a high page ranking and make your mind up from there.

PC

Sorry no image available
Posted by paulspencer - 14 years ago

We used Coast and Country. They got us one week's booking in two years, during which they lost the keys twice (once denying that they had ever had them). We are doing much better with holiday-rentals.com (but still not full).

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosetta-185721 - 14 years ago

Good point - I will take a big deposit if it all goes through, but am wavering over the amount of discount to offer. Obviously, it would save a lot of time and effort to have one person the whole time, but at the same time, I don't mind the work to get the maximum possible - we are kind of relying on it to see us through. Anyone know if there is a standard % discount rate, or rent an apartment where they offer a discount for long term rentals of 16 weeks (all summer).

Ro

Sorry no image available
Posted by me_2003 - 14 years ago

hey, it is your choice about the discount...will they come back next year?

i would give little...also are you sure they will leave...take a big deposit...