DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Help- Witness ( temoin)

Posted by leslie-179832 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by leslie-179832 - 15 years ago

Caroline,-Congratulations! and thank you fortaking time to answer my question during your busy time.

Christine, many thanxs for offering to do the translation and I will take you up on it! I will call my friend tonight and see if she wants me to make a toast or a speech...hopefully not both!

Leslie

Sorry no image available
Posted by CarolineD-188090 - 15 years ago

Hello Leslie,

Christine is right on the tradition however as she said, you don't have to follow it.

I got married 4 days ago and our best man made a speech in english so my witness translate to show he was part of it. The best man talked about the day he understood that we will get married one day and explained why. Everybody loved it and listening at the the translation was fun because it added more suspens to the story.

It doesn't have to be long, you just need to show your love and they will be happy.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Christine-180881 - 15 years ago

Dear Leslie,

It is traditionnal that the best man makes a speech. The bride's maid doesn't usually do any speeches. However, you don't have to stick to the traditions, especially if your friend's family isn't present. Your friend would probably really appreciate it if you made a speech, and maybe a toast is a good idea as well. As for your second question, I can help you translate your speech. Just e-mail it to me.

Hope this helps

Christine