DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Hiking/walking/picnic with little ones

Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jayne-190005 - 14 years ago

You could try "Plateau de la Justice" off the Grande Corniche near Eze Village where there's lots of space for kids to enjoy themselves and suitable picnic spotsHave a good day!

Sorry no image available
Posted by nbay - 14 years ago

There are a couple of places in Mougins.

L'Etang on the Promenade de l'Etang just off the route Antibes just past the Cannes Mougins Golf Club. It is a large natural heathland with a lake and nature reserve.

Also 1 km further towards Antibes on the route d'Antibes there is a play ground for children and forest walks and picnic areas nearby. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by nbay - 14 years ago

Be careful if you go to the picnic area just past Gourdon as there is a vertical cliff (falaise) along one side which does not have any fence. Although there are warning signs I would not let my child roam freely in this area.

Nigel

Sorry no image available
Posted by Paul_A-184148 - 14 years ago

Another great place to go with babies/toddlers/kids is Gourdon - there is a large park-like area just outside the village where you can hava a piknic, the babies can sleep, the toddlers can toddle and the kids can play ball games.  After you can go to the and get ice creams and/or beers....

Sorry no image available
Posted by Paul_A-184148 - 14 years ago

You hit the nail on the head, we always go on the walk around St. Jean Cap Ferrat with our toddlers (the walk round the cape).  Its more-or-less pushchair friendly, although you'll have to carry them in some places, and the babies will get shaken around a bit.

One warning though, as with everywhere around here, look out for the dog poo!