DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

honoraires d'agence

Posted by massilia-191818 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by maxdido - 13 years ago

Massilia, I just had a bad experience with an agency called Gestion Cassini, here in Nice; they didnt reimburs me the two months deposit I had paid when I took the apartment (in addition to the agency fee: one more month) claimimg that they had miscalculated some service charges during the years I stayed in the apartment.

I dont want to worry you, but I have a feeling that "some" agencies try to act not very ethically here in Nice. Watch out.

Max

Sorry no image available
Posted by massilia-191818 - 13 years ago

Well, I've rented 2 apartments before in Marseille, and there was no honoraires to be paid. Not even a mention of it. And yes, they were both through agencies.

I found the agency through a listing on the net (openmedia.fr) and there was no mention of honoraires.

On the other hand, I've just contacted HR, and it seems that the honoraires are included in my relocation expenses...so..could be worse.

Sorry no image available
Posted by massilia-191818 - 13 years ago

Well, I've rented 2 apartments before in Marseille, and there was no honoraires to be paid. Not even a mention of it. And yes, they were both through agencies.

I found the agency through a listing on the net (openmedia.fr) and there was no mention of honoraires.

On the other hand, I've just contacted HR, and it seems that the honoraires are included in my relocation expenses...so..could be worse.

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 13 years ago

In France the agency fees for rental accommodation are shared 50/50 between the tenant and the landlord.

Generally the agency quotes the fees in the adverts, so you should have known about it.

Tony