DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Hourly rate for an electrician

Posted by Dean Morley - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Does anyone know what the current hourly rate for an electrician is ?

Dean Morley

Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 14 years ago

If you are working for the public, there is really no hourly rate, since for a job of one hour you may have to make a visit to give an estimate and then go and get the pieces needed.

If you want to work for industry, maybe check out some agencies.

There seems to be a shortage of qualified electricians in the region, so you shouldnt be short of work.

Tony

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dean Morley - 14 years ago

Thanks Tony P,                                                                             But the reason why i'm interested in the hourly rate is because i am an electrician and I am moving to Frejus in August and looking to start working on a self employed basis.                                                             Dean.Dean Morley

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 14 years ago

In general they just quote a price for the job.

If you have no scruples, you could hint that you dont need a "facture" but it is considered bad manners to shop them to the authorities afterwards if you think the switch cover plates are a bit wonky.

It is always best to get someone who is recommended by the neighbours, or the concierge or the local bar/tabac

Tony

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dean Morley - 14 years ago

Thanks for that I guess i'll keep trying.Dean Morley

Sorry no image available
Posted by twoknees - 14 years ago

Difficult one, that! We called an electrician in and when we asked how much it would cost, the response was the usual Gallic shrug and a "Comme vous voulez".Regards,
twoknees.