DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

how about window cleaners ?

Posted by peter57-190654 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

I have been living here now for 6 months, I am in desperate need of a job otherwise it's hello again England, I have tried various companies,either the money is an insult, or my knowledge of French is very limited. so I have been thinking about setting a window cleaning round, can anybody give me any feedback  on the idea, I was thinking of charging 10 euro's per house, but I don't know if the French people have ever had this service, or should I try the English comunities, or if you have a transport company and are looking for a driver (HGV) or less than leave a message

Thanks for reading this and I welcome any clean comments

regards Pete

Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cannesofworms - 14 years ago

Hi Pete,

There are lots of lazy people along the Cote D`azur and lots of rich ones, I think your idea is a great one, I`ve not come across a window cleaning company here before, GO FOR IT and good luck with it

CANNES OF WORMS

Sorry no image available
Posted by Humptydingo-180377 - 14 years ago

The reason why there is not much call for residential window cleaners in France is because all or most house windows open inwards which means that unless houseowners are severely disabled, old, very rich or just lazy, they are able to clean them themselves.  There might be some demand from gardiens of large holiday villas who hire cleaners and perhaps window cleaners.

Sorry no image available
Posted by peter57-190654 - 14 years ago

Hi Jan

I have had a think and to you a one only offer 26 windows at 10 euro per window and the 27th I will do free of charge thats an offer you can't afford to miss   lol

Thanks for your reply

Pete

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jan-181414 - 14 years ago

Is that 10 euros for any size house? my house has 27 sets of windows. That would be a bargain price.Jan

Happy New Year to you