DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

How can we get rid of frogs in swimming pool?

Posted by astuart - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by tonto-190073 - 14 years ago

Have frogs in pool in florida.  They will not go away. They appaently contracted with the squirrels to make holes in the screen.  Take a few to the lake every night but I think they just come back.  In the process of putting aluminum along botton of cage to discourage all critters from using pool.  Have gotten used to the frogs but would hate to find a cottonmouth sharing my morning swim. May you be in Heaven a half-hour before the devil knows your dead

Sorry no image available
Posted by astuart - 15 years ago

Unfortunately, or perhaps not, there is no neighbour's pool.

Anyhow, thanks for your suggestion. Seems the little buggers have developed an immunity fo chlorine. Anyhow, with any luck they may at least keep the mosquito population down.

Sorry no image available
Posted by trixie-184569 - 15 years ago

least we not forget the coming tides of the crickets!

Sorry no image available
Posted by dlmarlow - 15 years ago

Lunchtime, Frog Haiku, hmmmm, very nice, Please come sit in my wild lands for conversation over lunch with me as soon as you have time (actually come any of you frog-concerned folks) ....BTY: have you knowlage of Alexandria David Neal first European woman to go to Lhasa Tibet? (oh come soon I am finally selling my home)Debs

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 15 years ago

Beautiful Trixie!

please allow me a tiny formatting to your lovely haiku which demonstrates the essential aspects of seasonal contrast leading one to peaceful acceptance.

once it was too loud
to sleep at night, now a sweet 
croaking melody

Sorry no image available
Posted by trixie-184569 - 15 years ago

once it was too loud to sleep at night; now a sweet croaking melody.

we put our frogs to use: we race them on our boule area! an additon to your summer fun and games!

Sorry no image available

A wonderful late night man I knew once bought the Aston Martin car company....then sold it...but that' not really a frog story now is it....but such a late night, what can I say... memories, sweetened thru the ages just like wine....or something like that....and frogs leggs are delicious

Sorry no image available
Posted by Maxsteel - 15 years ago

See the business opportunity: you could start a frog farm and sell legs. In gelée, with mint sauce, export them to Harrods, the sky is the limit. Soon you could be driving your very own frog green convertible Aston martin

Sorry no image available
Posted by yowyow - 15 years ago

You could make a pond and move them to it. Just don't put fish in it, or they will move back to the pool... Also when they are finished with the breeding season they will go of their own accord. They are useful little critters, they eat mosquito larvae.

Sorry no image available

If you lay real still on your left side cupping your right hand with a smear of crunchy peanut butter dead in the center of the palm, then dip your hand very slowy down into the water holding it under at about wrist level during the last quarter of the new moon and sing out-loud any Smokey Robinson tune...well my dear those unsuspecting little puppies will slide right into your hand ... then with a quick flick of your wrist toss 'em in your open mouth ......Ahhhh a such a delicious treat, better then smores. If you invite husband and kids you can clean a 5m x 10m pool in about 30 minutes .... SO NOW YOU HAVE quaility time with family, dinner AND a vermin free pool.......NOTE: some local falks SWEAR that creamy works just as well....good luck....