DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

How much $$$ goods can I import into France non-EU

Posted by le canuck - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the value of goods that one can import into France when coming back from vacation from a non-EU country and not get taxed?  I have temporary residency status in France, which is good for 2 or 3 years.

le canuck

Sorry no image available

1 reply

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

Unsurprisingly, the rules are based on €€€s rather than $$$s:

They say that the following goods may be imported into France without incurring customs duty by passengers 17 years of age or older arriving from non-EU countries:

200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 100 cigarillos or 250g of tobacco; 1l of spirits more than 22 per cent or 2l of alcoholic beverage up to 22 per cent; 2l of wine; 50g of perfume and 250ml of eau de toilette; goods up to the value of €175 (€90 per person under 15 years of age); 500g coffee or 200g coffee extract;100g tea or 40g tea extract;Medication appropriate to the traveller's needs;A quantity of fuel corresponding to the standard tank of your vehicle plus a reserve jerry can of no more than 10 litres.You can't "share" values or quantities, so a couple can't bring in one €350 item "between them"...

So "very few $$$s" would seem to be the answer.

Source: http://www.douane.gouv.fr/**************
Mike