DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

How much would you pay?

Posted by Newby-188674 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

can anyone give me a general guideline on how much I should be looking to pay for the following on a nice "standing" residence with a pool and courts for an 80 metre squared appartment along the coast

Monthly charges (is anything from E60 -100 normal??)

also taxe fonciere approximately and taxe d'habitation. Am I right in thinking that even if I live in the UK and am just using it for holiday residence, I have to pay both these taxes ? Any advice, even just a general idea much appreciated.

Sorry no image available

1 reply

Sorry no image available
Posted by apu - 14 years ago

depending on where this appartment is the price can vary a lot !!! the CDA is a big place...

i would say the range would be between 2000 to 4000 euros per sq meter for a decent residence...

you have to pay taxe fonciere forsure...(rough estimate would about one months rental value)

the taxe d'habitation is paid by the person who lives there on the 1st Jan of each year...it is paid in november of that year...you might get out of paying this if you are lucky...

you should ask a more precise question...also if you are buying from abroad you will most likely get someone who earns comission on the sell........normally about 9% of the price you pay goes to the agency and hence they are more likely to up the price then the actual seller....

you can try to buy directly from the seller...they are magazines you can consult and you already save 5-6% of the market value...

good luck...