Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


How to get a visa for China

Posted by MSM2000UK-181816 - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by ilight - 16 years ago

I forgot to mention that in Hong Kong China Travel Service all that is required is 2 passport size photos, fill out a basic form, and your passport. Very fast and easy!


Sorry no image available
Posted by ilight - 16 years ago


I have been going to HK and China for many years. Do not get your visa in France. You must pay more and theres too much bureaucracy. There is no problem for HK, so after you arrive there, you can get your China visa. You can go to the China Travel Service Agency on Peking Rd. which is just off Nathan Rd. in Kowloon (look for sign). There is one day service, 2 day, or 3, and the price is more for faster service. Alternatively you can go through a private travel agency, because many have China visa service--For example, Shoestring travel in the basement level of Grand Hyatt in Tsimshatsui, Kowloon. Probably you will stay in the hotel area of Kowloon Tsimshatsui so all this is virtually accross the street from the hotels. If you are staying on Hong Kong island, you should consult with your hotel for nearest china travel service office.

Once you have your visa, you can take a direct bus (see again the China travel service) or what most people do: take the MTR to Kowloon Tong rail station, buy a ticket to Lowu station and get off and follow the great sea of people going accross the border to Shenzhen. Its very easy!