DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

how to send money home?

Posted by shane- - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by gofrance - 14 years ago

You might want to consider using Paypal. I think they do money in various currencies. It would probably be quicker and easier and cheaper than mailing.... Maybe someone else here knows if you can send and receive in other currencies?

Sorry no image available
Posted by shane- - 14 years ago

thanks for the tips,its less than 200euro but still have to get it home somehow! mite try that mandate thing as i dont have any bank details of the recipient to transfer it.

cheers

s k

Sorry no image available
Posted by Miss Varna - 14 years ago

If it is a lot of dosh you can transfer it, but my French bank charges 3.90 plus 5.00 extra charges, (which is why I dont use them anymore)

Tony

Tony,

you should make sure you use an IBAN when transferring money to a foreign country. We transfer money to our account in Germany every month and have paid 11Euro without the IBAN, and now only 3 with one (this is BNP).

Sorry no image available
Posted by ilight - 14 years ago

You could also try an international money order from Amex, on the promenade, you could try a moneygram, the place is accross from the train station. These charge fees but you have to be mad to want to deal with the french post.

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

There is something called a "mandat international" at La Poste for sending money abroad and it's not too expensive if I remember correctly.

Lana

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 14 years ago

You could just put some Euros in an envelope and hope it doesnt get lost. I dont think POs are any more secure,

If it is a lot of dosh you can transfer it, but my French bank charges 3.90 plus 5.00 extra charges, (which is why I dont use them anymore)

Tony