DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

how to set up as a distributor?

Posted by chandna - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hi.Wondering if anyone can help me with this one. A company in India has asked me if I can distribute their products here, thru retail outlets. I am not sure what the legal requirements are that might need to be fulfilled in order to take this up as a business opportunity. Could someone point me in the diection of the right website/government office/person to check with, for the relevant info?I do already own a company that I use to work from home as a business consultant. Does that help?Many thanks in advance for any info that anyone is able to provide.Chandnachandna

Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by indofrenchguy - 14 years ago

Dear U will have to first register your foreign coy with the local chamber of commerce,obtain permissions/permits/registrations/CARTE DE COMMERCE and lots more, before u can do any IMPORTS/commercial sales in france,even as a distributor ,besides u would have to declare ur taxes/incomes etc and pay other social charges etc.Be cautious as the french rules are very complicAted and a wrong step ...can take u having to pay through ur nose on taxes and social contributions..whether or not u make any business/profits.Also lot depends if u have EU PASSPORT or a NON EU PASSPORT AND WHATS THE NATURE OF UR COY AND WHAT BUSINESS IS ENVISAGED.KumarSaint Rapahel83700EMAIL:drpk59@yahoo.comTel:0033-06-15917432

Sorry no image available
Posted by chandna - 14 years ago

hi,this is just to add that my company, which I mentioned in the original post, is not a french company but a Mauritius-registered company. Just thought I'd mention it in case this fact has any bearing on the rest of the requirements, whatever they may be...chandna