DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

I am stuck

Posted by Bluesky-189167 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Does anyone know anybody flying from London to Nice, either tomorrow or early Saurday. My wife has picked my passport up by mistake and I need to fly to Geneva to get my son! I am genuine and based here in the sun. We will collect the passport wherever needed. Wayne 0686 795699

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dublinmike-182617 - 14 years ago

Mike P

Have had personal experience with a) Car Keys, b) precriptions medicines, and c) a passport, all delivered for absent minded guests to Dublin by the friendly folk at Aer Lingus.

Rules are rules.........ah but they're for foreigners.

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bluesky-189167 - 14 years ago

Just to close this topic. Easyjet called imigaration at Geneva who said I could stay in the French sector there but not enter Switzerland. Once I got there the guy at passport control listened to my brief story and waived me through! The week before I also flew to the UK and back without my passport. I am happy to say that I am now in possesion of a valid passport. Thanks however for all your suggestions.

Sorry no image available
Posted by WelshNotEnglish - 14 years ago

Argh - you lot get away with murder! And to think that Air Lib wouldn't let my missus fly on a domestic flight because I booked the tickets in the wrong name (a complicated story involving passports, french bureaucracy, miles and miles of red tape, etc...). Had to buy new VERY expensive tickets for her to be allowed on the plane. :(

Sorry no image available
Posted by JohnD-185075 - 14 years ago

I left my passport on a plane going from Amsterdam to Nice just before Christmas last year, and didn't realise it was missing until the following week when I needed it again to go from Nice to Liverpool (by which time it was in the police station in Amsterdam, as I later found out). I didn't have time to get an emergency one and I thought that they weren't going to let me on the flight at Nice airport, but all I had to do was to provide easyJet with as much ID as possible, and then they rang through and cleared it with immigration in Liverpool.When I eventually got to Liverpool after all that, I started to explain to the guy who checks the passports what had happened, but I'd barely opened my mouth when he just winked and said "OK go through bud", and that was it! I'd been told at Nice that I would be taken to one side and questioned when I arrived and that I'd probably have a few forms to fill in, but no.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

Dublin Mike

Airline crews are not, under any circumstances, allowed to transport mail or articles on behalf of third parties.  It is against International Postal Union regulations, customs regulations, and their terms of employment.  Some airlines treat it as a dismissable offence, others with suspension from uty.

That is not to say it doesn't happen, but the chances of finding a crew member who would do it for an unknown person are negligible.

Sorry no image available
Posted by schusch - 14 years ago

By what time do you need it on Saturday?  My boyfriend is driving down on Saturday.  Let me know

Sorry no image available
Posted by dublinmike-182617 - 14 years ago

I would be very surprised if any airline crew would not bring this down for you if placed in an open envelope. Means your wife has to go the the airport with ID and the offending item but definitely worth a try.

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by mikem-181687 - 14 years ago

You could try talking to the airline.

I flew Nice - Zurich 4 years ago with no passport. I got a written statement from the customs and the airline, explaining why I was without it.

I had to do some sweet talking in Zurich, but they reasoned if the airline let me fly, I was probably legit.

mikem

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bluesky-189167 - 14 years ago

I tried fed ex and it was too late. I am going to try the french sector of Geneva if all else fails! Usually there is someone coming down but alas...

Sorry no image available
Posted by english_man - 14 years ago

have you tried fedex or DHL ? I use them all the time and they offer 24 hours service, if you quote collection at an airport, ié Nice, then they should give you the 24 hours promise