DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

I'd like a gas hob, but not connected to gas...

Posted by Palmtrees-188751 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

...is it straightforward connecting it to a gas bottle?   Are there any disadvanges, apart from having to replace bottles every now and again?

Any advice would be welcome!

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Palmtrees-188751 - 13 years ago

COOKIN on GAS!!    Got it sorted, eyebrows still intact, the garage forgot to give me the regulator.    Thanks for your kind assistance, I'm so proud of it that I don't want to use it and get it all messy.Palmtrees

Sorry no image available
Posted by danonimes-184717 - 13 years ago

oops, sorry Palmtrees, I went to bed.Hope you found what you need, if not, have a look herehttp://lemagazin.butagaz.fr/default.asp?prod=562For the guests, there's always a good Salade Nicoise, you just need to boil a few eggs;)

Sorry no image available

Excuse the mild panic, but I have guests coming tomorrow, and all I have is a single electric ring and a combi micro.    (no belt, no braces, no string etc)

Thank you for staying up so late just to answer my queries, but this "clip"  détendeur thing...... I can't see it on the cube, and as it's my first bottle/new contract, why did'nt I get one????    Does it come with the pipe which I have to buy anyway, or is it intergrated into the design of the cube so that I can't see it?

Palmtrees

Sorry no image available

just re-read your post and see you have a Cube which, I believe, has its own regulator (détendeur) called a Clip which should be provided with your first bottle.Not sure if But stock the pipe/regulator (they should if they sell gazinieres) but my local Intermarche does.As for left-hand threads, it's a pre-cubist thing, a kind of alternate screwing around.

Sorry no image available

HUH!!!    What's that Danomines?    Left hand threads?    Is that your outfit again?   What's the French for "regulator", so I know what to ask for?     I thought this was supposed to be easy!!!

Do you think But will stock the pipe and "regulator"??? there's one near me.   

Palmtrees

Sorry no image available

Palmtrees, congratulations on your new acquisition.

In addition to the pipe, you will need a regulator, if you haven't already got one - and be aware, they have left hand threads :)

bonne cuisine

Sorry no image available
Posted by pepe-189761 - 13 years ago

Castorama or Mr Bricolage or Balitrand

Sorry no image available

Thanks for all your advice so far, I  now have the hob ( two ring portable )  and I also have the bottle (butane cube )    BUT NO CONNECTION!!!      Can anyone tell me where to get the pipe???

Cheers!

Palmtrees
Palmtrees

Sorry no image available

Yo Palmtrees - indoors, add Pac-a-Mac and sandals/socks for outside (summer only). Can't quite get away with just the string.The gas is inside too, don't want to suffer from a loss of pressure in the winter, do I?

Sorry no image available

Danomines, is that for indoors or outdoors?   The gas I mean ( and the outfit ).