DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

I'm Gonna be in a world of hurt.......

Posted by Aroncb - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aroncb - 15 years ago

Brilliant!!  Just brilliant!  She told me to water every day!!  It did go really really droopy if I didn't.   I am off scot free!! 

Not only this but a freeze did conincide with the fateful day.  Naturally I got the blame by Steph. 

One drought and trim coming up. 

Thanks

You are a legend.

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 15 years ago

What??? Do we understand that you watered it EVERY day (except one) since June???

My God, if the above is true  - you deserve all the wrath your MIL can administer.  I'm surprised that the poor Bouganvillea has tolerated all that moisture.  Watering every day even in summer is not advised.  Now, during winter and the couple of really cold days we had in last 2 weeks - the poor bougainvillea glabra has probably suffered root rot.

Best action now is dual strategy : 1) trim back to a maximum of 30% of obervable new growth and 2) induce some "stress" by witholding water for a couple of weeks.

If the roots rotted a lot (or worse still, froze) then you might want to make your will as a safety measure.  Leave everything to me for trying to assist you in your hour of need.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 15 years ago

There are some great offers on cheap flights to Australia - less than EUR 1000.