DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

I'm not sure what happened to the BBC

Posted by Tallben-185282 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hi, I'm not sure what happened to the BBC or ITV on sky!

(I am sure this conversation has been had on AI before, because I remember, but can't find it!)

Is it because the BBC has not paid it's bill??

I have play with my SKY digital box, pulled up all the regional BBC stations as well, but nothing.

Is it the same for everyone else?

Is there anything I (we) can do?

And also while I'm on the subject, we lost ITV as well today, not going very well!

ITV is not a very great channel anyway, I'm quite happy it's gone! However the BBC is disapointing. I actually love it. I was born on the BBC, my mum banned ITV for us up to the age of 14 - "far too violent", I was educated with the BBC, which I think maybe is some of the reasons I'm a tolerant, moral and very very English being.

Anyway help please!!

Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tallben-185282 - 14 years ago

Thanks for all your help guys.

I'm thinking its probably not a very good idea to 'tweak' my dish myself - I'll probably end up loosing all my channels!

does anyone know anyone who can do this for me???

THANKS

Sorry no image available
Posted by davidl-181802 - 14 years ago

itv2 is subscription only on sky :(

Sorry no image available
Posted by lob-189383 - 14 years ago

can anyone get ITV2?  I get Beeb 1&2 & normal ITV fine but no ITV2.

Thanks

Sorry no image available

free2view may only be half the answer. You don't need to have a card to watch the BBC channels. Best bet, realign the dish to get BBC, then if you get a error message in reference to the card you go the free2view route.

Sorry no image available
Posted by feadship - 14 years ago
Sorry no image available

here is a web site to read in ref. to the problem

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/bbcitv.htm

Sorry no image available

The BBC moved to the same sat. as ITV are broadcasting on. Its in the same group as all the other Sky channels but its beam is more focused on the north of europe and so more likely to go if your dish gets moved a bit. My guess is that you just need to tweak the dish back onto the sat. a bit. There are plenty of sat installers listed on this site who would be happy to do it for you. You could be able to do it yourself as well, just depends on how accessible you dish is.