DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

I national school monaco

Posted by jiver-187595 - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by jonatmonaco - 16 years ago

Dear Joe

My experience of ISM is very different from the other notice.

I freely admit to being biased…I work there!!! Having taught in a number of International Schools I can honestly say it is highly professional - with the warmest atmosphere and finest teaching staff I’ve come across, but don’t take my word for it - contact people who work there and talk to them directly. This is the only way you can obtain a fair picture of the place.

All the best

Jon

Sorry no image available
Posted by jiver-187595 - 16 years ago

Thanks Alison, very useful infor. It's certainly made me think. I really apppreciate your response. Its a big and expensive decision to work abroad, and what do they say 'foretold is forewarned!' By the way, your friend's husband may have a case with ECIS-the acreditation organisation of international schools.Thanks again.joe

Sorry no image available
Posted by Alison665 - 16 years ago

I don't want to dampen your spirits, but I knew the wife of a teacher that taught there this year and he found the experience very disheartening, in fact, they have now returned to Sommerset.

I don't have any specific details, just that the teachers views were ignored in favor of irresponsible but rich parents and he found it frustrating to the point of wanting to leave.  There was also some kind of dispute over pay, but again, I don't have any details.

Sorry I can't be of more help.  CIV is hiring, just in case....

Best of luck!