DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

I need a Contrat de Location

Posted by Tigger-191229 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by NadiaG-192314 - 14 years ago

In order to open a bank account you need a proof of address, but it does not need to be a rental contract. A utility bill can do, a bank statement from your english account sent to your address in France will also siffice.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

There is also something called a 'certificat d'hebergement' (not sure about spelling) which proves that you have a fixed abode.  That might suffice in this case.  I know it is or used to be adequate to register a car.

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

I replied to a different query yesterday but it had a similar theme.

Writing simple (but effective) contracts or letters in French is not easy.  There are a bunch of special words, terms or formats to be respected if the document is to have any standing or you expect the recipient to respect certain demands.

If you want to go it alone, I'd advise that you get a good software package with online help and pre-formatted letters/contracts by theme

Something like "EBP pack Juridique" should do the trick.

from their website...

EBP Assistant en Droit Immobilier

[...EMBEDDEDIMAGE...]  Vous souhaitez réviser le loyer de votre locataire, écrire un bail commercial, vous défaire d'un appartement ou en confier la vente à une agence ?

[...EMBEDDEDIMAGE...]  Rédigez aisément les documents et contrats correspondants grâce aux modèles pré-paramétrés.