Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


I told him not too!

Posted by Bluesky-189167 - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by wendy-179831 - 16 years ago

Or you could ask for suggestions from Rev. Ben Eaton of St John's in Saint Raphaël. His contacts here: http://www.angloinfo.com/online/sje/default.asp

Sorry no image available
Posted by Penney-180939 - 16 years ago

I believe there is a church in Grimaud, not far from St Tropez where the minister has services in English.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rouretan - 16 years ago

A blessing is of course not a wedding, so any priest can do it anywhere. What you need to do is contact the church where you would like to perform the service.... If it is a CofE jobbie why not contact the Anglican church in Cannes.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bluesky-189167 - 16 years ago

They are having a quite wedding the week before in the UK and need a blessing really or would just like some kind of church service. They met down here, love the place and will move south over the next few years.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 16 years ago

Bluesky - if your friends live in the UK they might find it tricky to get married in France. See the INFOrmation page on Getting married in France for more info.

Of course, like John and Yoko (who wanted to get married in Paris but fell foul of the same legislation) they can always get married in Gibraltar, near Spain....

For an English-speaking priest, check out the AngloFILE entries under Churches & Religion...

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 16 years ago

I hope they plan on having a civil ceremony in the UK before coming here for their wedding--as the priest might want to see a marriage certificate.