DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Infant schools in Le Rouret or Colle sur Loup?

Posted by jemmerton - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by DURBAN-188330 - 14 years ago

We are near La Colle and  our primary school is excellent -much better than previous ones in other parts of the region.  The collège in La Colle is not bad (my 12 year old is there).  There are about 750 children which is quite small.  La Colle also has excellent sporting and music/theatre facilities. JB

Sorry no image available
Posted by jemmerton - 14 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I had that feeling but you just never know and we have a few years before they hit the senior years.

Cheers, Jodi

Jodi

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

I don't know how lucky you will be to find someone who has  experience of the schools in both of those villages to be able to give you a fair comparison.  However I will say that the local primary schools in any of those villages are pretty good.  As for the kindergarten ("maternelle") - well they are excellent just about everywhere in France.

Having narrowed the choice to just 2 neighbouring villages, I'd be more inclined to choose on the basis of the property/town etc. rather than the kidergarten or primary school. 

Now for secondary (collège du secteur, lycée du secteur) - that is another story.