DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Interest rates on loan repayments

Posted by Happy Days-188415 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Happy Days-188415 - 14 years ago

correction....credit lyonnaise, I have since found has a simulation program.I must reiterate, I don't want a loan....if I did I would go to banks, not Angloinfo.

Sorry no image available
Posted by NadiaG-192314 - 14 years ago

To me_2003

Could you tell me which bank allowed you to take a home loan with no penalty for early repayment. That's what I'd like to find but my bank is quite unflexible in that way.

Regards,

Nadia

Sorry no image available
Posted by me_2003 - 14 years ago

Stupid  =>  If you log on to any bank web site you will not find what the going rates are?

Stupid => you are focused to talk to every bank, I gave up after I tried 5 banks.

Stupid => one clever bank could make a killing in the 2nd most backward banking sector in europe.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Happy Days-188415 - 14 years ago

Why is it stupid ?? Beach Bum's rule of thumb guide is exactly what I needed(thanks a lot!!)I never said I wanted a loan, I wanted information on repayments for a project which is exactly what I got.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Beach Bum - 14 years ago

As a rule of thumb take 3.8% fixed over 10 years, 4.2% fixed over 15 years and 4.5% fixed over 20years

Put 20 % down as a deposit; take the obligatory French life insurance cover which will include a medical here in France and then be prepared for 8% notaires fees for old apartments and finally a mortgage raising fee of 1%

I think thats it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Beach Bum - 14 years ago

As a rule of thumb take 3.8% fixed over 10 years, 4.2% fixed over 15 years and 4.5% fixed over 20years

Put 20 % down as a deposit; take the obligatory French life insurance cover which will include a medical here in France and then be prepared for 8% notaires fees for old apartments and finally a mortgage raising fee of 1%

I think thats it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by me_2003 - 14 years ago

this is stupid.

you must contact a bank directly..also the rates can vary so much...depending upon how well you negotiate with the banker...

once i managed to get the guy down from 4.2% to 3.8% on a home loan...and without pentalies for early repayment.