DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Internat'l School of Nice

Posted by mj-185311 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

Can anyone give feedback about this school? This is one of the schools I am considering for my pre-K and would appreciate any feedback.  Thanks in advance.

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 15 years ago

Yes - you've other options for pre-K.  See here for an outline of the options suggested for the young boy in question.

At the time of writing I didn't know of an International pre-K so I didn't rank it along with the other options.  Having looked into the ISN programme a little since your base post, I would say that I'd place the ISN nursery between the "local maternelle" and the "nourrice" as long as the very hefty fees are not an issue. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by mj-185311 - 15 years ago

Thank you. The only reason I am considering an Int'l School is there is a very likely chance we will only be here 2 years.  Add to that our carte de sejour for Monaco is also taking much longer than anticipated (although we do have the long stay visa) so the local schools will not entertain my admission requests until I have that.  Oh and the fact that they said their enrollment is in February, my options right now seem limited to the Int'l school system although I truly would prefer the local maternelle.  Do I have other options that I don't know about?

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 15 years ago

"pre-K" - does that mean under 6 years old?

I don't know anything about ISN pre-school (in fact just learned about it on this posting) but if your stay in France is going to be anything more than 2 years and your child is under 6, then the opinion I gave in THIS THREAD and some others elsewhere in the AI discussions remains my clear personal recommendation - i.e. for pre-school, the local French maternelle is hard to beat.

What sort of program does ISN offer for pre-schoolers?