DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

International movers from US to French Riviera?

Posted by miajl - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by gaella - 14 years ago

See the thread below and if any questions, email me.

In USD, I paid 300 to load a 20 ft container in L.A., 1500 to have it shipped, 300 in fees in France. It was all door-to-door L.A-Marseilles-to my residence near Antibes. I did not take any insurance because if anything happens, the multitude of companies that are involved in the process of transportation (ships, brokers, trains, trucks) all reject the blame to one another. Ultimately, if the container falls in the sea, the company that owns the ship is responsible whether you are insured or not. This was a good advice from my shipper and I took it. Everything arrived the way I had sent it. Took 30 days.

Gaella

http://riviera.angloinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?topic_ID=23628&forum_ID=7&cat_ID=2&topic_Title=Proof+of+change+of+residency%3F

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

I used Paul Arpin VIP International. They have a web site. The stuff arrived so quickly I asked them if they could hold off a couple of days so we could finish painting the place! Their price was not the cheapest--nor the most expensive. Get in touch for an estimate. The move actually cost less than I had imagined. Everything was packed very well and they are used to dealing with customs in Marseilles. Be sure to visit the French Consulate first for documentation for change of residence or you will have problems with customs.

Lana