DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

International Removals

Posted by snow_leopard - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mwcouriers - 10 years ago

using 3rd party's to ship your goods means they only use, sub-contractors. Your job you have given them will goto a backload website where other couriers, will bid on your job. The 3rd party takes a fee, and if they sell your job to another courier for less, then they keep that as well.

Just thought i would bring that to peoples attension.

Sorry no image available
Posted by philippak-205340 - 12 years ago

What about www.theroadahead.co.uk? I used them to move to the Var last summer...they were one of the cheapest around and gave excellent service.

Sorry no image available
Posted by fidav - 12 years ago

Any ideas from France to Australia please?

Sorry no image available
Posted by 2004sparkles-193110 - 12 years ago

My parents have just used Roger and Amanda Keen to move them lock stock and barrel from bedforshire to the CdA .. despite the fact that my parents had more items than they thought(about 20m3 more!) and the complicated drop off points the removal crew were fantastic, provided a dedicated load and everything was "no problem" and their rate was reasonable too - well worth checking out.Sparkles Out.

Sorry no image available
Posted by snowqueen-191196 - 13 years ago

Could you please send me glyn's contact details. Tried e-mailing you but system wouldn't allow me to.

Many thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mark BB - 13 years ago

Quick update - we are happy to report that having gone back to ET Brokers they are are working to keep the wheels in motion so that our unfortunate experience is resolved satisfactorily. A definite plus of using a broker is that there is a 3rd party who can mediate to resolution. Not part of their job but we are thankful of the help.

Fingers crossed the rest of delivery arrives soon.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jackgallagher - 13 years ago

Hi -

I wonder if you still look at this website.  I'd like to get in touch with this removal company.  I'll be moving in a few weeks from Bristol to Cannes.  My email is jackgallagher@hotmail.com

Thanks

Jack

Sorry no image available
Posted by CaroW-190284 - 13 years ago

Thanks for the reply.  I will possibly be going with a company from Berkshire!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mark BB - 13 years ago

Franklyns Euro-Movers ("Two men and a Van") of:
Canterbury.
Kent.

Can't go into details due to legal reasons at the moment but wish we'd never heard of them.

Sorry no image available
Posted by CaroW-190284 - 13 years ago

Where are Franklyn Removals based?  I have used ET Brokers and found them to be very very helpful but am about to use them in the next couple of days for a move and don't want to hit on a bad company......!