DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Internet cameras

Posted by trevor9929 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by jjoepage - 14 years ago

I got two of them at www.dlink.com.  Yeah, the cameras are a little expensive at 400 Euro each, but if you are an expert, you will appreciate the fact that they are wireless and self contained.  As I mentioned, you do not require a computer anywhere on the network (except for set-up); once initiated, they run by themselves.Its all good

Sorry no image available
Posted by Collie21 - 14 years ago

Hey JJoepageWhere did you get your stuff and how much did you have to fork out for it?? I am interest in similar.Collie21hey does that wall have a crack in it?

Sorry no image available
Posted by jjoepage - 14 years ago

I just did this.  I have two D-Link DCS 1000w cameras.  They are wireless, so you don't have to run cable from the computer; just power.  They have their own web server right in them, i.e. they emit their images as html; you don't even need a computer - anywhere.  If you have dsl, wireless router, and a dcs1000w, you have live internet video 24/7.  Cool eh?  I am in California and I can see my villa in real time right now!  Motion detection automatically sends me an e-mail anytime someone enters the frame.  From anywhere in the world, from the web, I can turn my porch light 'on' or 'off'; via the camera.  ...I guess that could be connected to the jacuzzi also; mine isn't.  One bad thing, image quality is not spectacular and the internet is not really ready for high res live video as network congestion tends to slow things down. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by ian81-188951 - 14 years ago

Hi Trevor. What do you exactly want to do -do you want to show pictures to the world? Do you have a website to place the pictures on? Do you have a broadband connection with a fixed IP address. If yes basically you need to insert some html code into a web page and the best person to do this may be your site designer.