DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Introduction

Posted by DominicWright - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by s&gu - 5 years ago

theres a boat for everyone, look smart and clean, get a french sim card for your phone, or spare phone, come with a good cv, use the crew coach for help in that, sign up with the crew agencies, some crew houses are quite proactive in networking for jobs, the crew grapevine in particular.  the timing of your visit is perfect. positive attitude and good skills, personal and work will ensure that its not too long a wait for your boat life to start

Sorry no image available
Posted by Davesjac - 5 years ago

Hi Dominic,

I have just moved to Valbonne, very near to Antibes etc, from Cornwall/Devon (just 3 wks ago).

My partner is a marine electrical engineer which is why we moved here. I have been told there is always work in and out of season and often by word of mouth is more successful. Angloinfo often have jobs advertised such as you're describing. The Blue Lady pub was looking for staff recently. May be worth contacting them even tho' there ad has gone now; I would.

I came across an (Recrewt) agency just recently that you may like to take a look at too.

Good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fashion1 - 5 years ago

Not much hiring till the summer, start looking middle april.

Do you speak french? 

If no, you have a few options in Nice, 1 in Cannes and 1 in antibes (blue lady)

Otherwise, there are a few crew placement agencies in Antibes to sign-up at and days of hitting the docks

Sorry no image available
Posted by DominicWright - 5 years ago

Well thats ridiculously high isnt it? I have stcw95, eng1 and other yachtie related quals, was just hoping to find some bar work or similar? is it unlikely?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fashion1 - 5 years ago

Well good luck. Unemployment at your age range is about 26% here (among french speakers)