DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

INVOICING FRENCH COMPANIES

Posted by DEAN-185206 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Can anyone advise me  please ?  I  am living in Nice and I am in the middle of creating a language training company registered  in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />England plus a fully owned subsidiary S.A.R.L  in  France( Nice ) to which I intend to subcontract work to myself.

I now need to invoice some French Clients – including a University - but am still awaiting my UK ‘ Registration  Number ‘ I believe these clients will want  either this Registration Number or a  Siret Number.  Can anybody throw any light on this ?

Many thanks for any help,

DEAN

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rosbif-185958 - 14 years ago

:D

Welcome to France and the "I want to set up a company" nightmare.

And yes your accountant will be able to fill you in on all this.  Even if you think that you can get away mostly without one, unless you have a doctorate in French law, I suggest you find a good one anyway.  I'll be giving Garcia a call I think because my accountant is in Paris and it's a pain. 

An accountant will be able to fill you in on exactly what is required in order to start doing business over here.

If you want to know what your N° de Siret is, you'll find it on the top left of your URSSAF bills ;)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

The question is indeed unclear, and also rather confusing.

What's causing the delay for the "UK" (I assume you mean "England and Wales") company registration number? These are normally issued within 48 hours of application, unless you're in a hurry, in which case it can be quicker!

And if your business isn't registered, under what contractual conditions did you work for French businesses? Where were you resident/registered (or trading unregistered, as UK-based sole traders can do) at the time? And so on...

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by garcia-190105 - 14 years ago

Hi,

Your question is not very clear, but your invoices from the SARL in France must have the siret number which you have to get from the INSEE. This is the identity number of your business.

By the way, do you need an accountant for your new company? I have 6 years experience as a bilingual accountant in the Côte d' Azur.

You can e-mail me at flut@yahoo.fr

Kind regards

flut