DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Is it true about a large Sat TV dish is now needed in France?

Posted by pennyblack-286544 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by citic-213768 - 5 years ago

i have a 90 cm dish and get all channels but channel 5 and itv HD and 4 HD , there is a new satelite going to be lauched on July 9th ( i think ) and it will take a month or some and then there might be no TV but then again there might just wait and see until sept , then we will know all 

j

Sorry no image available
Posted by RAYG-223391 - 5 years ago

Take a look at Rob's Satellite TV website for more details.

http://robssatellitetv.webs.com/astra2e.htm

Sorry no image available
Posted by RAYG-223391 - 5 years ago

Hi Fashion1

It maybe against Sky's T&C but Sky has been available in a lot of Europe for many years if you use the right size dish!

As for Freeview it is impossible to view outside the UK because it is broadcast from transmitters and requires an aerial to receive the signal.

You would not receive Freeview via satellite and dish.

Pennyblack is correct about losing certain channels this summer due to re-positioning of the satellite beam.

Best to wait until the work is finished and then find out if a larger dish will pick up the signals.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fashion1 - 5 years ago

I thought it was against skys'' terms of service' to view outside of the islands. maybe i am wrong or they have changed them in the last 2 months.

As for freeview,  yes, you will need a big dish, but before you purchase one, i would wait till the next town council meeting as a group of people will put it to the village of valbonne to require permission to install anything bigger than an 80cm dish ( this is all you need to pickup canal+ and tnt)