DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Is there an English bookstore here in Nice?

Posted by Cdn-Nice Bound - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by berocca - 14 years ago

Hi collie.I saw your email on anglo info about swapping books. what do you have?i have several that are crimes/ leagal thrillers, plus a few others if you are interested in swapping?becbilton@hotmail.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by berocca - 14 years ago

Hi there. I saw your email on angoinfo about english books for sale. If you still have some for sale and you are near nice then i would be interested in coming to look and buy some.regards becbecbilton@hotmail.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by wendy-179831 - 14 years ago

Hi collie21,

It's the Cat's Whiskers at 30 rue Lamartine. Rue Lamartine runs parallel to Jean Medicine on the other side of Nice Etoile. The bookshop is about two blocks up (walking with your back to the coast) on a right side corner. Full details of open hours here: http://riviera.angloinfo.com/af/42/.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Collie21 - 14 years ago

Yep definitley, somewhere in behind the Nice Etoile is one but I can't find it. was only there once and need the address if anyone has it. Run by an English girl I think. I also have a few books lying around if you wanna swap. What do you like to read???hey does that wall have a crack in it?

Sorry no image available
Posted by micmac-187906 - 14 years ago

Dear person,

After having closed my bookshop in Paris, I have boxes and boxes of books, old and new, all subjects, hard and paper backs. If you have the time to look through them, your price is my price. TEL 04 93 96 26 48.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

You can always look here:

http://riviera.angloinfo.com/af/42/**************
Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by J & C-187881 - 14 years ago

There is an english language bookstore that has new and used books in Nice called The Cat's Whiskers. It's on 26 rue Lamartine.

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

There's an English library in Nice, FNAC sells some English books, you can order through www.amazon.fr or you can take the train to Antibes and visit Heidi's Bookshop (two floors of books!).

Lana

Sorry no image available
Posted by jmroberts-180597 - 14 years ago

Hi,

Try the "Email Cafe" in the old Nice. In the street that goes off the rue de la prefecture; first street after Wayne's bar (to the left-hand side).

Email Cafe id on that steet on the right-hand side. They have some English books for sale.

Good luck.

J-M