DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Job hunting rant!

Posted by GemG - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 11 to 16)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Twilight-186781 - 16 years ago

The job is in Nice, they are interviewing tomorrow in french, are you still interested? You must be able to write fluently in french as you must write bulletins in french for the staff

Sorry no image available
Posted by GemG - 16 years ago

I've been to Manpower and Adecco in Nimes today (they are the only 2 agencies that do office work) and it was downheartening to say the least.  Manpower gave very negative vibes and didn't bother getting me to register, only took my CV; Adecco didn't even take my CV because they have nothing for me. 

It is so frustrating, my French isn't too bad at all, I've got good experience (especially compared to many French people my age) and a degree but they just look at what I've already done and decide they can't help, without even checking that that is what I want to do in the future.  I know I have to start at the bottom and I don't mind that but this is silly. 

Twilight, I do read and write French, although my written isn't as good as my spoken, I'm a bit rusty after 18 months in the UK, could you tell me a bit more about the job please? 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Twilight-186781 - 16 years ago

Dear GemG, I feel your pain, truly I do. I'm in the same situation and have met loads of people in the same boat. Do you speak french and write it? If yes I know of a receptionist job starting next week that still hasnt been filled....?

Sorry no image available
Posted by jmroberts-180597 - 16 years ago

Have you tried the fixed duration contract agencies... like

http://www.adecco.fr

or

http://www.manpower.fr/

Typically fixed length contracts.... you're probably looking for CDI (permie jobs), but it's a start and if the client where they place you like you they may employ you... who knows.

Sorry no image available
Posted by GemG - 16 years ago

I already have!  And ANPE, Monster, Keljob and various others I can't remember!  Thanks anyway, all help gratefully received.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jmroberts-180597 - 16 years ago

Try:  www.pacajob.com

Good luck.