DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Job success on angloinfo

Posted by Twilight-186781 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Twilight-186781 - 14 years ago

Thanks "theswan".... just one success story out there ay???!.... that's pretty discouraging :,(

I'm looking for sales or finance jobs as that is what I have worked and studied in.

I did work for one company in Antibes, very similar to your story in fact, who flew me over from England to work for them and promised so much... in reality I delivered the 11 hour days for months and surpassed the sales targets and they dodged paying me. I have heard from 4 other people whom this company has screwed over too. 

I am prepared to work so hard, have all the qualifications, experiences and references but just feel really down about my whole treatment so far and the lack of jobs out here. I'll keep trying though... thanks for the encouragement :)

*light to you all*

Sorry no image available
Posted by Theswan-186225 - 14 years ago

Hi there,

When I first moved here, I found a job via angloinfo, working for a property magazine selling advertising space, the job itself (well, the company) turned out to be a bit of a nightmare, not getting paid, not seeing copies of the magazine once I`d sold the space etc but it opened a few doors for me.  I am now working with one of my former clients from the magazine, a Property search company,  I have been working at it for a number of months and I`m absolutely loving it.

I agree that salaried jobs are a bit few and far between down here but there are a lot of opportunities available if you keep your eyes open, it depends a lot on what you want to do and what you are prepared to do to make it happen.

What kind of job are you looking for?