DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

keep your car doors locked.....

Posted by pjd-185342 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by C J Flynn - 14 years ago

A law was also passed recently that will require plates on all the scooters. I think it comes into effect on July 1, obviously not soon enough and only a small deterrent, but a step in the right direction. C JWorking Toward the End of the Dark Ages

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anna Caputi - 14 years ago

We have had this happen to us three times in less than one year, fortunately without violence and without success for the thieves.  Now we drive with the doors locked and check before getting in or out of the car, to make sure that nobody is lurking with evil intent. 

I had heard that the Police had arrested over 300 youngsters and that they were now in jail.  Obviously, they are out again. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

There have been other threads on this forum about this.  The last I recall was that it happened to an elderly couple in Le Rouret.  Same attitude from the police.  Basically unless there is blood and/or a body, they don't really do any more than go through the motions of taking a report.

I too feel very strongly that these motorised vermin should have the same level of accountability as other road users,  in other words, registration plates and driving licences.  They should also be made to rpelace the silencers on their vehicles,  although - maybe not - at least the racket gives you an early warning!

Sorry no image available
Posted by azur-191694 - 14 years ago

I am sorry to hear this. My partner has had her handbag snatched, some freinds have had a acid attack in there "Posh" villa and were knived and had the villa for 25 yrs cant sell it as evrtone is leaving, they wont return, police the same as you didnt want to know as its happening all the time. Oh and all the little scooters have no id plates, how clever. This is happening all the time and I am surprised I am the only one to reply. Maybe this subject should be on the forum.