DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

kindle Fire question

Posted by teen-14236 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by A Breath of Fresh Air - 5 years ago

Wow, there IS a lending library!!  Fantastic.  This is on my old Kindle, the one with the keyboard.  

Trouble is there are 240,000 titles and no way to seach other than 'type'.  Does anyone know how to browse gendres? 

As it's a lending library, I guess there's facility to lend too.  I've not found it yet. 

Louisa 

Sorry no image available
Posted by carolineailbe-311440 - 5 years ago

I think maybe the best way to resolve this is to sign on to your Amazon account and go to the help section for Kindle.  You can contact Kindle there -- send an email and someone will respond.  I think there may also be help chat.  I do know that Kindle UK just launched the Owner's Lending Library (October 26th), and it's also coming to France soon -- so if you're on French broadband, that could be the issue, that it's not yet available in France.  But check with Kindle help!  Best of luck, Caroline

Sorry no image available
Posted by teen-14236 - 5 years ago

Thanks, tried what you sugest and still no library.....I wonder if it's something to do with addresses and accounts? We have Prime.

Sorry no image available

Hmm... Very odd.  Is your Kindle software up to date?? That's the only thing I can think of, especially if all your other prime membership benefits (Prime Instant Videos, free shipping, etc.) are available.  I find the help section for Kindle pretty useful, perhaps you'll find an answer there.  Best of luck!  Caroline

Sorry no image available
Posted by Annie_D - 5 years ago

i have my kindle fire (1st gen) from the US too (spring 2011) and i just see under "books" (device highlighted) the items on the right "Books" "Kindle Singles" and "Editor Picks", nothing more.

did you somehow register for the library?

Sorry no image available

Hi -- I bought my Kindle FIre in the US in November, 2011. But I think it's very similar to the one released in the UK recently.  On mine, you access the lending library through the device itself.  Go to "Books", make sure "Device" is highlighted at the top of the page (not "Cloud").  Click "Store" on the upper right of the page.  You should see a row of book covers on the top of the page, and several book covers by category on the left side.  But on the lower right, you'll see your "Browse" options.  "Kindle Singles," Kindle Bestsellers," etc.  The fifth one down is "Kindle Owners Lending Library."  A pop up comes up letting you pick a category within the Owners Lending Library, and after you select a category there's a "refine" button on the top right of the page -- you can narrow results there.

Unfortunately, there's no way to search the Owner's Lending Library on the Amazon site your laptop or PC, you have to use the Fire.  Also, they don't categorize the available books by "bestsellers" or "critically acclaimed," which would be helpful.  You get one free book a month, and you have to return the old one (easy to do on the kindle, just press and hold the title and the "return" option comes up) before you can get a new one.  Good luck! Carolne

Sorry no image available
Posted by teen-14236 - 5 years ago

Hi Louisa, it's supposed to be available in Kindle Fire but we cannot find the link. Like quite a lot of advertised stuff, i think it may not be available here.

Sorry no image available
Posted by A Breath of Fresh Air - 5 years ago

I'd love to know about a Kindle lending library!  I didn't know such a thing existed...

Louisa