DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

La Poste...

Posted by Rosbif-185958 - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 21 to 27)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rosbif-185958 - 16 years ago

yep, my Wanadoo bill arrives after the pay date too ! I actually had a word with them about this (wanadoo) and they don't actually seem to care. As long as they get the money at some point :) No interest etc.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Humptydingo-180377 - 16 years ago

I never cease to be surprised by the way my Wanadoo 'facture' is dealt with.  It is always dated the first of the month, sent out about the 14th of the month by second class post with a 'payment by' date of 20th and I never receive it until after this date ! Not that they harrass me for payment - have been known to pay three months together without any loss of usage. 

Incidently last year I received a Christmas card in March which was posted from Uk on 14 December !  I also sent a birthday card to a friend in Nice which she received two weeks after her birthday. 

In general though (I live in the Var), the post is not too bad even though our postie stops off at our local cave for a couple of hours 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Runaway-182887 - 16 years ago

Trudie,

How did you mail it? I have something to send but I wasn't going to bother having read this topic.

xx

Sorry no image available
Posted by Trudie-183812 - 16 years ago

I recently sent a package and birthday card to the CDA from England and they both got there within 4 days. I think thats pretty good.

Trudie

Sorry no image available
Posted by fuschia-186471 - 16 years ago

Bills arrive quicker, I observe.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mn-186763 - 16 years ago

I fully agree with MikeP. Letters in AM 1-2 weeks.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 16 years ago

Interesting.  In another context, I wrote this earlier today :

There are constant reminders that this is a third world country with delusions of grandeur.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Post within the region (Alpes Maritimes) can take up to two weeks to arrive – or never.  A letter from Paris can take anything between a day and a month.  Letters from the rest of the world, especially small packets which appear as if they could contain an item of value, usually never arrive.  Does this sound like Africa?  Ah ….. 

Anyone else care to comment?