DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Legal Requirements for tenants

Posted by sarahdonn - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

I am buying a house which has tenants in it who do not have a 'droit de bail' (tenancy agreement) does anyone know where I stand legally on how much notice I have to give them or how I stand legally asking them to leave? sarahdonn@hotmail.com Sarah D

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Penney-180939 - 14 years ago

Sarah,

I would speak to your notaire and ensure that part of your conditions are that the owner removes the tenants in residence prior to your purchase , or you could have a very difficult problem.

It is down to the owner of the property if they are selling to ensure it is free of problems normally, but you can write it into the conditions at the time of the act d' promise, prior to the sale, at this time you have 7 day's in which to change your minds on the purchase.

good luck !

Sorry no image available
Posted by anthonyb-187880 - 14 years ago

Tenents here have more rights than house owners,and especially so if they have no tenant agr.I would check this out very carefully if I were you as we know of case where it took 6 years to get tenents out and they had it signed and sealed...or so they taught..

Kind Regards
Anthony Brophy

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

Do you mean they're squatters ? How long have they been there ? Are you buying at Auction ? What does the Notaire have to advise you ?stgeorge