DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Living in Seillan

Posted by CarolineNoble - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by CarolineNoble - 6 years ago

Hi

Thank you for this information, it is really kind of you to help. We are actually both nearly 30 years old and working in the yachting industry. We are looking to buy in the South of France and to set up home here as we want to start a family in the next few years. We love the Canton de Fayence area and are aware that it can be quiet in the winter time. It is so beautiful up there though and away from the hustle and bustle of the coast. I was really just keen to know that there is an English speaking community there that we could get involved with?

Thank you again

Caroline

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lemon4 - 6 years ago

I'm not sure how old you are. If you are looking to retire in Seillans then you'll be happy..but if you still need some perks of a busy place then Seillans might be too quiet.

Otherwise Seillans itself is pretty especially from Spring to October..it's got a huge international community (people from Belgium, Denmark, UK, America)...it's just a question of meeting one person and they will introduce you to more people..

If you're buying a villa I'm sure one of your neighbours at least will be from abroad. Also I've noticed many church goers are part of the expats (the locals are not really into attending the mass)..if you're looking for a nice family place where children and grand children will visit you then you'll be chuffed...also the tennis club is where you hear the English language a lot..

Finally it's a shame to make a decision this season..if you havent seen Seillans in Spring/Summer..it's difficult to be convinced...

Sorry no image available
Posted by Romain83600 - 6 years ago

Hello, there is a lot of people (English and different nationality) who live around Seillans, Fayence, and Tourrettes.There is lot of people who live there only in the summer, you have the famous Hôtel Four Seasons, Domaine de Terre Blanche, and also two amazing golf where you can meet lot of people (English and others).So, you don't have to be anxious, but let's go first for few days and then you could see.