DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Looking at leaving France

Posted by RobK-320341 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by ladygrey12 - 6 years ago

Truly sorry you are having to leave. But I do sympathise with you. You either love it or hate it

here. Can honestly say I will be glad to return to UK, rain or not. .

Sorry no image available
Posted by love-the-riviera - 6 years ago

If you work for a big multinational you will have a 'delegué du personnel' who will have all the relevant information regarding leaving your job

but if you are 'demission ing', don't expect any compensation other than 'congés payés that you have not used

Sorry no image available
Posted by ruptoor - 6 years ago

Rob...

Write a book,get the experiences of other peoples struggles here,ie admin,taxes,you may have a best seller and you may get your Porche,Yacht...etc etc or just wake up and smell the Coffee, we have all had the same dreams and aspirations,however, life is like an ash tray.....( Full of little Doubts) Scottish expression,,,,a doubt is a cigarette end in an ashtray

Will

Sorry no image available
Posted by RobK-320341 - 6 years ago

Thanks everyone for the posts and private emails. Its a wierd one everyone seems to want to live here but it just has not worked out. I have gained a lot from my time here but living somewhere and having a 2 week holiday are 2 completely different things. I still have not had any feedback from work apart from a text message saying sorry for not calling you today and we will be in touch, I am just trying to be proactive with everything. Work have been good to me and I do not want to be too pushy but as the last posters said, mission completed, not a failure, lots of experience and its time for pastures new. God knows where i'm going to end up but somehow i always seem to land on my feet, should of been born as a cat, i'm not sure how many lives i have left though lol. Anyway thanks again for all the replies

Sorry no image available
Posted by magsk-214612 - 6 years ago

Hi RobK,

It sounds like you've thought about just about everything, but just in case, you might find some helpful info here: http://riviera.angloinfo.com/countries/france/leaving.asp.

Your 12 years were full of interesting experiences and you were earning a living, no? To me that's no failure. But sounds like it's time for new pastures. I left the Riviera a little while ago and I'm so much happier now. I'm living a lifestyle that's more me and I am seeing the benefits of it in every aspect of my life. I hadn't realized fully how miserable the scrabble of the CDA was making me. Godspeed!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ba&Ke - 6 years ago

You just need to pick off one thing at a time. Looking at the full picture can be daunting but you'll get there in the end. Good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 6 years ago

mission didnt fail, just got diverted into somethings else- porche , yacht etc not worth the hassle,
experience is always a useful thing

Sorry no image available
Posted by RobK-320341 - 6 years ago

Hey thanks, sound advice,i will not be taking much with me, the riviera dream of a porsche, villa and super yacht has in reality turned into 2 bags of clothes and a laptop lol. All is not lost, the brain is still working but yeah mission failed... although many experiences gained. PS id your a smoker dont smoke in you rented furnished appartment, you need a nuclear biological warfare suit to clean up what comes off your walls. I would get a cleaner in but im too ashamed. God knows what my lungs are like lol. Anyway conference call with work tonight at 8pm, lets see what happens... if theres an offer to get out then its all systems go with there help, i will see what comes out of it

Sorry no image available

ps Angloinfo is loads of places these days- check out the main home page & choose your destination accordingly ;-))

Sorry no image available

sounds like you've got it covered, but dont forget to have your post forwarded (form to fill in at the ost office, reasonable charge to pay)
Length of notice for the appartment will depend if it is furnished or unfurnished, but has to be done by recommended letter( with AR for your peace of mind)
Cant help you with the private pension question.
For the flights, maybe you should hold your fire til after the olympics if it s possible, tho games frenzy easyjet prices may still be less than full price BA etc- tho check them out as you get better luggage deals with BA than with easyjet so it might not be such a good deal after all......
best of luck