DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Looking for a creche for my 2-year old

Posted by Corina-197573 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

I am looking for a creche for my 2 year old daughter 2 to 4 mornings per week so she can play with other children. Can sombody make a suggestion where i can go.J.C.

Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by vvlas - 13 years ago

We also have an almost 2 year old girl and another 8 months baby girl. Very upset with this system that never has room on the local creches for my girls and they also have the right to play with other kids I'd say. Any way, we live in Cagnes sur Mer and I'd love to find some friends for our little girls, so count me in. How can we move forward?Vic
06 62 04 23 40

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 13 years ago

Who would be interested in running a cooperative creche from their home?

Basically the idea is that you look after 4 children plus your own for a whole day and then you have 4 days a week secure in the knowledge that one of the other 4 family parents are looking after your child with a maximum group size of 5.  Costs would be minimal or possibly non-existant.  Personal legal responsibility would be covered by all parents having equal membership of a non-profit "1901 Association".  If things worked out well, maybe the Association could go as far as "employing" a young helper so when it was your turn, you'd have another pair of hands to assist.

E-mail if you are interested as I'm helping to create such a network of high-touch, sensitive caring parents.  Doesn't need to be Anglophone - all languages and cultures very welcome.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mcclain - 13 years ago

I would be interested in this information too as I am also looking for a creche for my 2 yo son.  I share your concerns about finding children for him to socialize with and also I want to return to my job part-time.  I've looked all around and haven't had any luck thus far.  My local is booked solid and won't even accept calls.  I've been on the waiting list in other villages for 6 months now, but with little hope.  In the meantime, I take my son to the assorted playgroups.  Perhaps this might be a temporary option?

Good luck to you!

M. Percy

Sorry no image available
Posted by The Pigtails-195986 - 13 years ago

Where do you live?The one & only original Pigtails