DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Looking for help in moving to the Côte d'Azur

Posted by Cathy92400 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

Hi there!

We are 2 English-speaking (English born, Irish parents) sisters hoping and dreaming like crazy about coming down to live in Nice or surrounding areas We are living in Paris at the moment (and fed up with the dull weather!) and would love to get in contact with like-minded people living on the Côte d'Azur.

We would also be more than grateful if anyone could give us advice about working down there and getting accommodation. We both have lots of experience in childcare, my sister has Montessori experience and a childcare diploma, and I have several years experience in sales (Galeries Lafayette, Paris) /receptionist secretary (international law firm and IBM) as well as English teaching to adults from all professional fields. I am fully bilingual French/English with a rather good level of Italian. My sister Helen only speaks English, but she has an excellent understanding of French and can get by with everyday things.

If anyone thinks they can give us any kind of advice like names of Nanny agencies in the region, or even if you know of someone looking for a mature hardworking person to look after their kids, cleaning, caring for the elderly etc accommodation (but preferably live-out) would also be a help. Or if you know of anyone looking for a dedicated receptionist or English teacher/translator in an international environment, please let us know, we''d be delighted to hear from you!!! Any jobs offering some kind of separate accommodation (at least a 2 pieces) would be considered.

Thanks for all your help!! This website is simply the BEST.....!

Cathy

Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cathy92400 - 13 years ago

Hi Raquel,

I don't know if you're still looking for English teachers.....? I'd like to know how your new venture is going. If you are currently looking for people for after Summer, or even in August (for teaching or even for babysitting) please give me a shout! Obviously I would need somewhere to stay, as we are unfortunately still in Paris for the moment. Hope to hear from you.

Cathy

Sorry no image available
Posted by quel123-199084 - 13 years ago

Hi Cathy -

Have you and your sister moved already?  I'm in the process of opening a tiny kids center in Nice and i"ll be in need of LEGAL teachers to work... it's going to be a tiny operation at first but hopefully it will grow!  I want to offer english classes all day on Wendsdays and 2 afternoons per week (and perhaps saturday mornings) so it may not be what you're looking for - it's not full time... the school is not open yet but I'm very close to signing a contract for a wonderful space.  If you're interested please let em know - I also personally need babysitting help all the time - i have 3 small kisd.  I live in the center of Nice.

Thanks

Raquel

quel123