DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Ltd Company Creation

Posted by Adrian H - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Has anyone created a Ltd. Company down here?

I understand that if you work through your Ltd. Company you pay yourself in dividends, saving a lot of tax. Does anyone do this?

A H

Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by angeldude-190234 - 14 years ago

This is just the type of discussion I would love to have with other entrepreneurs starting up in France.

See my previous thread about having a discussion evening on all that we've learned & learning from setting up a business in France. It could be beneficial for us all.

http://riviera.angloinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?topic_ID=24272&forum_ID=7&cat_ID=2&topic_Title=Setting+up+a+business+in++France%3F+let%27s+meet+up

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aroncb - 14 years ago

All I can reccomend is getting good professional advice.   Its all so complicated with the French system, trading outside france etc.  Talk to someone who has been through it all before.  With the law being so stiff on those caught fiddling its not worth it.  Unless you like prison food.

It may cost a few hundred euros now.  But you'll be saving that in tax later.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Black Cat-192495 - 14 years ago

I think the point of AdrianH's post is that it is indeed a "Ltd", not an "SARL" he asks about. The idea being that it might be interesting tax-wise to operate as a UK entity rather than a French one.I am by no means an expert in these matters but I have been given to believe there is virtually no advantage to setting up as "Ltd" rather than "SARL" if one intends to trade mainly in France because one is deemed to be paying in France for business done in France, even if one's business is a UK Ltd.If that were not the case, would there still be any SARL's left? If it were possible to legally escape French tax (and especially social charges) surely everyone would become a UK Ltd, right?

Sorry no image available
Posted by gaella - 14 years ago

If by Ltd, you mean SARL... you have to watch out for having to prove sound business practice in the case of keeping the dividends. the fisc is very much UP on this and will take a closer look. Good luck!

Gaella