DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Making an offer

Posted by Annchelotipanini - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mayer-209673 - 5 years ago

Thermal imaging reveal and map hidden defects that help you to negotiate better deals.

For more control in negotiation, have a look http://www.infraredriviera.com/buying-a-home-in-france/

Sorry no image available
Posted by matt24 - 5 years ago

Hi There,

Where in the VAR are you thinking of buying? We have a home in Ste Maxime. We bought in July 2009 and paid 10% below.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Annchelotipanini - 5 years ago

Thank you all for your prompt replies. Its encouraging to know that an offer can include a discount on the asking price. I am obviously keen to get the best deal but would also want to fully respect the seller.

Sorry no image available
Posted by appletrees-321263 - 5 years ago

My daughter met with a "well rated" international agent a few days ago (about selling) and he told her that sellers are expected to take a 20% cut on the asking price at the moment. I guess that depends on how realistic the price is in the first place and what was paid for the property 10+ years ago or whenever it was bought! The seller can always refuse - depending how desperate they are. You can always go up - presuming you don't annoy the seller too much (by your first low offer)! But houses here can stay on the market for years!

Sorry no image available
Posted by trae1107 - 5 years ago

Having a house on the market since last summer is hardly any time at all given the state of the market. There are houses that have been on the market for 2 or 3 years! However, agree with the previous post - I would also offer 350 but be prepared to up it a bit.

Sorry no image available
Posted by nissalabella - 5 years ago

Considering that the house has been on the market since last summer, I certainly would recommend to make an offer of at least 10% less than the asking price, in your case, I would offer 350K and leave a margin for negotiations.

Hope this helps,

N.