DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

market in Italy

Posted by anthonyb-187880 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MSM2000UK-181816 - 14 years ago

I think Bordighera market takes place on Wednesdays although im not 100% sure.

Max

Sorry no image available
Posted by willowdene - 14 years ago

Does anyone know what day BORDEGHERA (can't spell it) has its market? The town is not far at all from Ventimiglia-almost an extension of it. I've been a couple of tims in the past & I reckon it's a great market. it's all the way along the sea front so even on a nice winter's day it can be a really enjoyable affair-you can peek at the sea as you walk along or stop at a cafe & watch world go by. When i've been it has been very long (length of market) so you need to stop from time to time-prices were good & everyone was very cheerful. If St Remo is Tuesday I think Bordeghera must be Thursday?? You have to go down to the sea front which is below the town-there is a big car park from where you go down to the sea front-you may need to ask as you are unlikely to "fall upon it". Wait to have day confirmed-it too shuts between 12 midday & 1 p.m.willow

Sorry no image available

There is a Simon in my family but i havent given out my surname hence im not exactly sure if that is whom you refer to. Let me know what you mean, perhaps by email.

Regards, and enjoy Italy.

Max

Sorry no image available
Posted by anthonyb-187880 - 14 years ago

Thanks you guys,will give it a go on Friday......Max by way are you related to a Simon????????

Thanking you.

CAROL B.

Kind Regards
Anthony Brophy

Sorry no image available

The market is fairly easy to find and everyone in the town knows about it so if you cant find it, ask someone. It all depends on how you intend on getting there.

The market starts at about 8.30am although it depends on how much energy the stall people have!

Max

Sorry no image available
Posted by anthonyb-187880 - 14 years ago

The Market I refer to is in Ventimiglia. And where exactly in the Town is it held ??.

Is it easy to find ??.

What time does it start at ??

Kind Regards
Anthony Brophy

Sorry no image available

Ventimiglia: Daily fruit market in the morning and flower/fake flower market in the afternoon all year, and every day except Friday. Friday is the flea market and is open all morning. The afternoon usually is the flower market.

San Remo: Flea market Tuesday and Saturday all morning, all your round. Be warned though, all the stalls close up at about 1pm. They dont hang around.

Max

Sorry no image available
Posted by Theswan-186225 - 14 years ago

Some friends of mine went to Ventimiglia market last Friday and it was open, they did however start to close up at about 4pm but that was because the wind and rain were so hard that the fake Prada and Louis Vuitton badges were nearly washed away.

As far as I know, its open all year (I hope so because I want to get my Christmas presents there)

Sorry no image available

Which market?