DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Mea Culpa - Wedding Anniversary

Posted by JJ-183649 - Created: 10 years ago
0 0

Need serious help from you guys out there (probably the ladies reading this will not be motivated to help such a poor specimen as I.....):

forgot our wedding anniversary (and I've had many years to remember!)

Looking for a super restaurant (between Antibes and Theoule) to try to compensate; any wonderful suggestions (within the next 3 hours...)

Thanks

Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by JJ-183649 - 10 years ago

Thanks for the ideas/suggestions (red roses already done!)

Checking them out (those I don't know)

Moulin des Mougins have a special event this evening, reasonable price (as a peace offering for my faux pas at least) although the starter (riz de veau) leaves a little to be desired.....
Thanks again

Steve

Sorry no image available
Posted by Gary Davies-221212 - 10 years ago

yup the moulin is a superbe place to eat so u will have toi bribe some one to get a table

good luck and buy a watch that reminds you of such occasions

Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by annieK2006-218579 - 10 years ago

Hi JJ,

Lou Cigalou in Valbonne is an excellent little Gourmet Restaurant. It has only a few tables, so quite small and intimate. Food is great and, if I remember correctly, you can choose between 2 or 3 menus. Sommelier will choose the perfect wine for you. (Tel. 04 93 12 27 07)

Another option is Clos St. Pierre in Le Rouret. Try to get a table on the terrace. Unfortunately, I have never been there personally, but it is one of the favourite restaurants of my boss and his friends. And they are serious gourmets.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

A.

P.S.: Don't forget the red roses and her favourite perfume....

Sorry no image available
Posted by welli42 - 10 years ago

What about the Moulin de Mougins or more moderately priced the Feu Follet in Mougins.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JJ-183649 - 10 years ago

Maybe Mandelieu is to be avoided following yesterday's troubles. Thanks for your suggestions

Sorry no image available
Posted by SJ-190944 - 10 years ago

The restaurant at "La" Bastide St Antoine is Jacques Chibois.

Sorry no image available
Posted by SJ-190944 - 10 years ago

L'Oasis in Mandelieu or the restaurant at Le Bastide de St. Antoine in Grasse. Hope your budget's not limited...