DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Medical Advice

Posted by ickle_angel - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

Not sure if anyone can help me but just wondered if anyone had any advice on how to remove a couple of warts that ive got on my hands? Yes I know not the nicest of things but has anyone got any suggestions of products or better still know any doctors that treat them? Just want to get rid of the damn things!Cheers ickle_angel :o)

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by fidav - 14 years ago

Dermatologist and burning is best. I had hundreds of tiny ones on my legs as the result of being a c**p shaver as a teenager. The doc burnt off the 'mother' (i.e. the biggest) wart on each leg, and the rest just disappeared within a few days - amazing stuff.

Don't bother with the wives tales and the paint on stuff ... tried it all!

F

Sorry no image available
Posted by lynnettejane - 14 years ago

hi , take your warts to the local pharmacy, where they will be studied and the relevent product recommended, simple, and the cheapest option, regards Lynnette

Sorry no image available
Posted by irishman-180738 - 14 years ago

quote:I was also told that if I rubbed my wart with a steak then buried it, itwould go away. And also garlic rubbed in regularly.....but for some strange reason they didn't go!!

YJME, did you bury the steak or the wart ;-)

/Irishman

Sorry no image available
Posted by ickle_angel - 14 years ago

Thanks for all your suggestions! Think a dermatolgist is my best bet! Not sure about lickin em in the morning?! Have investigated on the net though & you'd be surprised at some of the old wives tales?! Thanks again!ickle_angel ;-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by angel-187474 - 15 years ago

Sorry - I don't know what the following product is called in this country or even if it's available ...

In Australia you can buy it over the counter at the local pharmacy ... it ressembles a bottle of nail polish ... you paint it on each day ... and in a couple of weeks - you're rid of them.   No pain .. no doctor's fee.

You'll just have to make the query at the local pharmacy.  Hope you speak French.    xxx. A.

Sorry no image available
Posted by yjme-181229 - 15 years ago

OR.....

Book an appointment with a dermatologue and show them your warts. Normally they use acid dropped on to each wart and they go fizz, sting a bit and then disappear.....takes a little while to heal up. Doesn't cost much, usually doctor's fee if conventionée. And if you don't have social security, it's usually no more than 30 euros at most. But don't go to anyone posh!

I had a wart for years and years that just suddenly disappeared like that! Poof! No idea how. I was also told that if I rubbed my wart with a steak then buried it, itwould go away. And also garlic rubbed in regularly.....but for some strange reason they didn't go!! But I got some very strange looks.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tessa-179840 - 15 years ago

Geezer - this wise old fella was also a self-confessed dirty old man who felt that in the interests of medical research he should try to establish exactly that.... I disagreed........ and medical science is surely the poorer for it ;-)tess

Sorry no image available
Posted by the_geezer - 15 years ago

tessa, is it your own saliva you need, or can you use anyones?

just curious...

The Geezer

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 15 years ago

I've also heard that duct tape works--no kidding! Do an internet search.

Lana

Sorry no image available
Posted by tessa-179840 - 15 years ago

Hey ickle-angel, years ago a wise old man recommended a remedy to me and it worked....... within 2 weeks!

As soon as you wake-up, before doing anything else, lick your warts

Apparently some enzymes (sp?) build up in the saliva overnight and they have a magic ingredient....... well hey, it costs nothing to try.... worked for me, mine never returned.

ps. this is such a gross subject! :-)

tess