Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Medical cover in the UK

Posted by wbrooh-196058 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

As a resident here,with my Carte Vitale,I am going to England to work for November with the BBC.Can anyone advise what medical documentation (like the E111 for visitors here)I can get to cover me in England?Thanks in advance,IanF.

Sorry no image available

1 reply

Sorry no image available
Posted by Miss Varna - 13 years ago

The E-forms do not exist anymore, now you can get a card like the carte vitale from your local CPAM, which is valid for Europe and replaces the E-forms. It's called CEAM = Carte Européenne d'Assurance Maladie and is valid in Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands and the United Kingdom. The 10 new members who accessed the E.E.E. on May 1st, 2004, are also covered by the European Health Insurance card.

The card is free, valid for one year, unique and personalized (each person in a family must have their own card, even children under 16).

But as far as I know, if you are assigned to a job in the EU, you can still get the E101to avoid paying any additional social tax in the Host country.

Hope this helps.